Dean of Business: Professor Anthony Brabazon
At UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business, we have made a strategic commitment to research, innovation and impact on business and society – and to transformational learning. We work to cultivate informed, connected, ethical global citizens – thinkers and doers. We are ambitious to recruit students who want to make a difference in the world, for the world.
Quinn is an environment where you will be challenged and supported as you build strong foundations of business knowledge, develop your capabilities and learn the skills of inquiry that will empower you to have an impact on the world of business and beyond. Quinn is a place to expand your horizons, encounter diverse perspectives and experience new ways of thinking in a global classroom. It is a time where you can get to know yourself, learn to think, and build friendships and relationships that will support you throughout your life and career.
The UCD Moore Centre for Business is our exciting new wing with innovative workspaces and learning environments designed to offer the best student experience in Ireland. Areas are purposebuilt to expand collaboration and interconnectivity between students, faculty and the business world. At the heart of the UCD Moore Centre for Business is the idea of belonging, collaboration and side-by-side learning, both inside and outside the classroom. We have combined this vision with the insight that changing space changes how we learn. UCD Moore Centre for Business and the UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business together provides an exceptional studentcentred place to be.
Why UCD Business?
- Experience – Ireland’s most globally recognised business school. We are the only Irish business school accredited by both AACSB (the principal American accreditation) and EQUIS (the leading European accreditation). We are also a member of CEMS (an international alliance of leading business schools). This means that our degrees are internationally recognised and come with a mark of quality, which can give you advantages when looking for employment opportunities.
- Innovation: At UCD, we continually invest in our programmes, spaces and the student experience, in tune with a changing business and social world.
- Global Classroom and Travel: Our programmes offer you the opportunity to study abroad and experience the culture of countries such as France, Germany, China, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada and Australia.
- Internship Programme: Within the Commerce, Economics and Finance, and Actuarial and Financial Studies programmes you can apply for a professional internship. This offers a first-class business experience with top international or Irish companies. Our students have completed internships in companies such as Microsoft, CRH, Glanbia, KPMG, Accenture, Davy, Johnson & Johnson and Bank of Ireland.
- Careers: Our curriculum is based upon research guided business education. You will learn the perfect balance of academic competency and practical business skills. Our links with top-tier business employers and our graduate employment or further study rate (98%) is a testament to the graduate outputs of our students.
First Year Experience in UCD Business
Our degrees have been developed in consultation with industry leaders and they reflect the changing business world. During your first year you will learn about the foundations of business, and will be challenged to think critically about its role in society.
You will develop not only your understanding of business theory and practices, but also the skills needed for a successful career. Employers seek graduates whose attributes include communication, management, leadership and team-work skills, and graduates who are problem solvers, independent thinkers and ethically minded. Our courses use business simulations, case studies, presentations, web and blog development, and video projects to develop graduates with these attributes.
Your first year experience can involve a lot more than study – you can also participate in extracurricular activities such as clubs and societies or volunteer in community projects. This is actively encouraged as it is seen as an important part of developing your skills, with the ultimate goal to help you build a successful business career.
You will be taught by Ireland’s leading business academics, and supported and guided through your studies by Peer Mentors, Student Advisers and a dedicated Business Programme team. You will receive tailored, one-to-one advice at our Business Academic Writing Centre and with our Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
We welcome International students into a number of different programmes at the UCD Quinn School. The school has over 500 students from almost 50 nationalities on our programmes. Further details are available here.
Faculty & Research
One of the cornerstones of our reputation is the quality and expertise of our 100-strong Faculty. Our Faculty are internationally recognised in their subject areas and hold the highest qualifications from the world’s leading universities. Further details are available here.
The Quinn Experience
The experience of studying here is like no other. You will work with Ireland’s top business students. You will meet some of the world’s leading employers. You will interact with internationally recognised lecturers from many different subject areas. All of this in progressive and engaging environment which places a strong emphasis on independent thought.