DN200 Science: Biological Biomedical & Biomolecular Sciences
DN200 Science: Chemistry & Chemical Sciences
DN200 Science: Mathematical Physical & Geological Sciences
DN201 Computer Science
DN230 Actuarial & Financial Studies
Dean of Science: Professor Jeremy Simpson
If you have a fascination with natural phenomena and find yourself constantly asking “why?” and “how?”, then you are well on your way to being a scientist. With an exciting and diverse range of subjects, Science at UCD unfolds a universe of career opportunities for students who have an enquiring mind, an ability to solve problems and a desire to explore new worlds. UCD offers the broadest and most diverse Science programme in Ireland, with degree courses in biological, biomedical, chemical, geological, mathematical, physical and computer sciences, all delivered by lecturers at the forefront of teaching and research. By Fourth Year, you will conduct your own research and communicate your discoveries under the guidance of some of Ireland’s top scientists..
There is a wide range of career opportunities available to Science graduates. UCD Science graduates are skilled at analysing data, writing reports and solving problems, and are trained to use their own initiative, all qualities that companies are looking for in employees. These skills can be transferred to businesses ranging from biotechnology, conservation and wildlife to IT, finance and forensics. Many graduates continue their studies to masters or doctoral degree level. Leading UCD institutes and research centres include the UCD Conway Institute and UCD Earth Institute.
Is Science (DN200) a General Science degree?
Why should I choose a Common Entry Science course?
When do I select my degree major?
Computer Science (DN201)
Bachelor of Actuarial & Financial Studies (DN230)
Are there any supports available to help students settle into UCD?
Where can I learn more about Career & Graduate Study Opportunities?
What are the facilities like in UCD Science?
Institutes & Centres
- UCD College of Science
- UCD School of Biology and Environmental Science
- UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science
- UCD School of Chemistry
- UCD School of Computer Science
- UCD School of Earth Sciences
- UCD School of Mathematics and Statistics
- UCD School of Physics
- UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research
- UCD Centre for Cybersecurity and Cybercrime Investigation
- UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular & Biomedical Research
- UCD Meteorology and Climate Centre
- UCD Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology
- UCD Earth Institute
- UCD Institute for Discovery
- INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics
- UCD Centre for Space Research